Environmental Sustainability Policy
Issued: 2 August 2019
At Webreality we accept our responsibility to operate in a way that helps to preserve the health of the environment.
We aim to minimise our impact on the environment and to optimise the efficient and effective use of resources. We aim to achieve this by engaging all employees in a process of continuous review of operational procedures for environmental sustainability, and by taking intelligent and well-informed decisions about changes that will make a meaningful positive difference to our impact on the planet’s resources.
Webreality is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all of its operations, but to minimising impacts through the development of policies that go beyond baseline requirements and expectations.
This Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all of Webreality’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
As a professional provider of digital marketing services, our resource consumption through our day-to-day operations is relatively limited. Nevertheless, we commit ourselves to minimising our impact on the environment through:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace;
- Fostering a culture of awareness of our environmental responsibilities;
- Conserving natural resources by reducing, reusing and recycling;
- Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment;
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually; and
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices.
Policy in practice
Examples of our actions to date under this policy include:
- Installing a shower at our office to encourage our employees to commute by bicycle;
- Banning the use of under-desk bins to reduce waste creation and minimise the use of plastic bin bags;
- The selection of office space requiring minimal energy use for heating and cooling;
- The replacement of inefficient obsolete fluorescent tube lighting in our office with very low-wattage LED lighting to reduce power consumption;
- Encouraging the opening of windows in warm weather instead of the use of air-conditioning;
- The provision of high-efficiency desk fans as an alternative to the use of air-conditioning;
- The installation of a drinking water filter tap to reduce drinking water packaging waste to zero;
- Encouraging the use of re-usable drinks cups and bottles;
- Encouraging the minimal use of paper and recycling of all waste paper produced;
- Monitoring the carbon footprint policy of our website hosting infrastructure provider (Amazon AWS);
- Favouring calls and video conferencing over travel for team and client meetings.